[MCR] Pond Inlet, Nunavut communications info

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Dec 8 18:43:22 EST 2010

Forgot to mention that Pond Inlet got cell phone service as of a couple
months ago. We tested it successfully from the southern shore of Bylot
Island / Sirmilik National Park. The provider is Bell, and my Telus iPhone
4 did not work on their sytem, so it's worth looking into compatibility
before you head up there. I successfully used a SPOT messenger, Globalstar
and Iridium satellite phones, as well as GPS. Lots of communication methods
available, giving the false impression that it is not a remote part of the
world!

Jordy Shepherd
Mountain Guide
www.PeakAlpine.com <http://www.peakalpine.com/>