[MCR] Rockies, Sacre' Bleu

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Dec 9 09:56:23 EST 2010

My fellow Mountain Guide, Steve Holeczi, and I bicycled in to attempt
The Replicant yesterday, Dec 9th. Careful man tracking of footprints
in the snow revealed another party ahead of us, yes writing your
objectives on the vehicle is a favour to those behind. Steve and I
decided to check out Sacre' Blue. Two and half hours of walking later
we rappeled to the base of the route from climber's left. The route
is in anemic shape, possibly 'just' climbable for a strong party with
a bit of rock gear. We had no rock gear, and turned around after
climbing the first 40 meters of thin ice. If I were to go back, and
I'm not having climbed the route a half a dozen times in the past
when it is an ICE route, I'd take a half dozen pitons, a half set of
knuts and 4 cams from finger to fist.

Doubting that there was enough ice to rappel the gully we rappeled
from trees on climber's right. The winds were swaying the trees as we
walked down through the timber.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com