[MCR] Murchison Falls

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Feb 13 22:33:04 EST 2010

Got scooped on Polar Circus today, Feb 13, so we backtracked to
Murchison Falls. A big ol' track leading to big ol' blue waterfall.
Overall seemed a little harder than when I was there last month (Jan
18). Lots of ice growing, we had fresh tracks on the first 3 pitches
on reformed ice surfaces. We climbed the prominent groove/chimney for
the final 30 meters of the route (just climber's left of centre) and
can recommend it. Good steep climbing with stemming and good gear.

UIAGM/IFMGA Mountain Guide
http://www.barryblanchard.ca
barryb3 at telus.net
1 403 609 4615