[MCR] Selkirks avalanches

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Feb 18 11:18:50 EST 2010

Part way through a week here in the Valkyr Range in the southern
Selkirks and to put it succinctly things are "going off". We have had
many skier controlled and natural avalanches with several being
triggered remotely from 5-8 meters away. They have been in the size
1.5 to size 2 range but we have been keeping to small terrain. In
larger features there would be larger avalanches. All have failed on
the surface hoar buried February 9. All of our nearest neighbours
have been seeing the same thing.

Heads up.

Mark Klassen
Mountain Guide