[MCR] Super Bock/Guiness Gully, Jan 2

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Jan 2 19:31:37 EST 2010

Started out for Super Bock today, Jan 2nd. I had three settlements
and wumpfs between the Trans Canada Highway and the CPR tracks east
of the Mt Stephen tunnel. Half way up the approach gully to the route
I got another wumpf and settlement, they'd all described about a 2-3
meter radius around me. We decided that the mountain was talking to
us and we skeddadled to Guiness Gully, where I knew there would be a
well established track (not the case at Super Bock). My concern was
releasing a small slab in the steeper snow slopes of Super Bock, not
a concern given the traffic on Guiness, having said that we were the
only people on Guiness today.

Happy trails

Barry Blanchard
UIAGM/IFMGA Mountain Guide