[MCR] Rockies, Mt Collier, July 7th.

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Jul 7 18:18:21 EDT 2010

Good conditions on Collier North Glacier today. Mostly clear night, dry bushwhack, some verglas below glacier. Good to excellent snow travel. Glacier is just starting to show a big ice patch on the 35 degree snout, but we had snow all the way to summit ridge.

Cornices and snow aretes along the summit ridge made it "engaging". We triggered a big, wet nasty cornice from the Collier ridge in the midday heat that spewed out onto the Upper Victoria Glacier. Lots of big wet sluffs off the face of Victoria.

Great conditions as long as you handle the early starts and the need to MOVE!!

Larry Stanier