[MCR] Sir Donald

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Jul 28 08:27:24 EDT 2010

I just got back from guiding Sir Donald. Lots of traffic on Sir Donald these days with the nice weather. The route is mainly dry except for one patch of snow near the top that you can't avoid, but it is short. The bypass ledges to avoid the summit block still has snow and some ice near the top, everyone is going that way and seems to work. I chose not to because I felt I couldn't guided it safely. I came back down the same way. Another few days of nice weather the By pass will be snow free.

Play safe,

Marco Delesalle
Mountain Guide
www.greatdividemountaineering.com