[MCR] Castle Mountain - Ultra Brewers

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Jun 22 20:40:08 EDT 2010

Headed up Ultra Brewers yesterday. The route was dry from bottom to top. At the top, small snow patches were encountered while walking to the base of the upper cliffs, and one soft snow patch was crossed when returning towards the hut. Good kick-steps could be made across all snow that we crossed. As Mike Trehearne mentioned in a previous post, the approach/descent gully by the ACC hut was snow-free.

Of another note, I was picking ticks off of myself while belaying my partner during the day. They seem to love the sunny, grassy slopes that the goats frequent, so do a check at the end of the day...

Chris Gooliaff

ASG/ARG