[MCR] South Ridge Mt. Norguay/The TeaseThe ( Ice climb)

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat May 8 23:24:51 EDT 2010

Yesterday (May 7th) I guided the South Ridge of Mt. Norguay, There was up to 10 - 15 cm from the last storm, which was quite entertaining on the crux section. I am glad that I found good gear. I stopped short of the summit about 50 to 100 meters because there was too much snow on low angle slab with no gear! I saw Sheep tracks crossing this slab with snow and huge exposure. I guess they had more nerves than me.

Today (May 8)I climbed The Tease (the waterfall) in Paradise Valley. Felt like winter with spring conditions. The ice was in great shape and dry. Felt hard for its grade, but I have been skiing all of April, so that probably has something to do with it. In the morning we were able to walk all the way in with the melt freeze crust (without snowshoes), but in the p.m we used the snow shoes till we were on the hiking trail and than we walked without snow shoes.
cheers,

Marco Delesalle
Mountain Guide
www.greatdividemountaineering.com