[MCR] Chickadee Valley Chimney Col

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Apr 19 20:07:58 EDT 2011

Skied up Chickadee Valley Today to the Pass, down the glacier on the north
side and then out via Boom Lake. At 2500 m there is over 3 metres of snow.
The glacier has big holes but this year they are well filled. We skied
across the first major dip and then went hard right to ski to the right of
more crevasses. Excellent skiing down to the moraines on a steep slope in
the high 30's. You don't want to linger there as there are big cornices
overhead. You probably would not want to be there on a hot day. We went
far skiers left to bypass the cliffs above Boom Lake. There is a gully on
far skiers right that would also work as it is well filled in.

Marc Ledwidge MG