[MCR] Rockies, Mt Louis Kain Route

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Aug 13 12:42:19 EDT 2011

I guided an ascent of the Kain Route on Mt Louis yesterday, August
12th. The route is in great shape with one snowpatch sitting in the
base of the east face coulior that is easily avoided. We wore light
mountain boots, but the route could be approached comfortably in
approach shoes, as the name would suggest, and as my fellow guide,
Jay Mills', quest did yesterday on the Gmoser Route. It would be
possible to scrounge some water on the descent, but it would take
some patience.

Lots of water streaking the routes on the north side of Edith
yesterday, picture below.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com