[MCR] Skiing at The Pulpit

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Dec 29 00:17:03 EST 2011

Happy Holidays,

I had the pleasure of skiing S aspects off The Pulpit today with friends
Josh, Alex and Darren.

Between 2300-2400m, we found the Height of Snow to be about 2.1m. A
Compression Test yielded the following results: CTE 3 down 10 cm (new storm
snow), CTM 16 down 60cm (storm snow from last weekend), and CTH 28 down
95cm. Small lee pockets (E aspects of the slope) exhibited touchy soft
slabs which released easily when ski cut. Precipitation continued
throughout the day at a rate of S1.

We found great skiing with boot top plus powder treeline and below.

Brent Peters
AAG