[MCR] SARs on Ice and Five Seven Zero

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Dec 28 22:48:09 EST 2011

I guided an enchainment of SARs on Ice and Five Seven Zero today, December 28th. Both routes are in great shape and nowhere on the ascent did we find enough snow to create an avalanche. We descended via walking the ridgeline south towards Whirlpool Point. We descended from the ridgeline to the east at the first opportunity. While bum slidding through 25 centimetres of facetted snow over frozen grass we started some sloughs in the facettes that made for a good cushion over frozen mud with rocks protruding.

Quiet out there today,
happy trails,

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com