[MCR] Rockies, Crowfoot Pass

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Feb 5 21:28:54 EST 2011

My fellow guides, Craig Hollinger, Eric Vezeau, and I guided around
Crowfoot Pass today. Nice to see, and ski, a supportive snowpack in
the Rockies. We got snow depths of 85-125 cm in the valley floor and
200 cm up on the Bench route. We also experienced some whumpfing in
shallow snow areas. Larger open slopes are spookier than normal given
the size of the avalanches this year, and how far they are running.
We kept our distance. There was some fine turns down the Creek Bed
route below treeline.

Of note, the Num Ti Jah Lodge parking lot is not plowed out and is
not passable. Apparently the same is true for the Bow Summit parking
lot.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com