[MCR] SARS, 570 ice climbs David Thompson Highway

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Feb 6 19:38:45 EST 2011

Climbed SARS to 570 today with Ken and Tim.  Good approach trail in to SARS right now, less then an hour.  SARS has lots of good lines, some wet and some with some big body sized ice lenses.  Above the climb we followed the trail until it took us into some steeper terrain.  Here we broke new trail right until we were in trees and headed up and eventually left again until we hit the old tracks and directly to the base of 570, approx. 20-30 minutes.  The climb is in easy shape right now and has seen some traffic.  The hike from the base of the climb to the car was also a good trail and took about 45 minutes.

Sarah Hueniken

ACMG Alpine Guide

www.sarahhueniken.com