[MCR] Rockies, Murchison Falls; But, My Daddy's a Psycho!

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Feb 17 07:37:12 EST 2011

My fellow guide, Matt Mueller, and I guided on Murchison Falls and
But, My Daddy's a Psycho! yesterday, Feb 16th. The old track to
treeline definitely aided our approach. Above treeline it was lost to
windslabs and blown-in snow and it was a lot of work to get to the
ice. There are windslabs on the slopes above treeline and carrying an
avalanche shovel, probe and beacon is a good idea right now.

The climbs are in good shape with My Daddy formed as a proper ice
climb -no rock gear necessary- but hard for it's grade. Lots of water
on both climbs gumming up the ropes with ice/slush-that-freezes-to-
ice. Neither of our parties climbed the last pillar, which is about
75 meters, as we were out of time.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com