[MCR] Rockies, King Creek

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Jan 19 22:13:34 EST 2011

I guided in King Creek today, Jan 19th. All the ice is in great
shape. The creek has over-run the approach trail in a couple of
places forcing some detours. Also of note is that as of 2 pm, when we
were walking out, none of the avalanche gullies that runout into the
creek had slid since the last, big, storm. I was keeping an eye on
them on the way in, doubly so on the way out as the sun was coming
onto the south facing ones. These avalanche tracks are narrow enough
that you would have a chance of running out of the way, if you saw a
slide coming. Keep an eye on them, look up, especially with the
afternoon sun.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com