[MCR] Rockies, Lake Louise Area, Louise Falls WI4.

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Jan 19 23:51:25 EST 2011

Old news, but likely still relevant.

Thought it worth mentioning that if your headed out to Louise Falls anytime
soon, might be wise to stick to the lake shore trail on the approach and
return. We tried to short cut across the lake but the heaves in the ice have
flooded a huge section of the middle of the lake leaving at least 15 to 20
cm's of slushy nastiness that tried to fill our boots at every step.
Couldn't seem to escape!

We only played around on the 1st pitch top-roping under the protection of
the big roof on the climbers right, out of the small cave. Brittle but fun.
Left side was the usual wet line to the cave. Lot's of hangfire/daggars on
the right side, but looked pretty reasonable up the climbers left to get to
the cave. The pillar looked pretty beat/hooked out (as usual) from what we
could see from the bottom. Looked like the difficulties would be pretty
short lived

Hope it saves a few people the soakers that we got!

Have fun out there!

Mike.

Mike Trehearne

ACMG Assistant Alpine Guide