[MCR] Rockies, Snivelling Gully

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Jan 26 19:24:53 EST 2011

I guided Snivelling Gully today, Jan 26th. The route is in very good
shape. We climbed a variation off of the first big horizontal ledge -
thin ice just climber's right of the bolted rappel anchor (visible in
the picture below as the leftmost white strip).This variation avoids
the deeper gully feature of Snivelling where there is often open
water. I got a couple of good 13 cm screws in the first 10 meters,
then good 16 cm ones. Spring like day up there with wet stains
growing on the rock by 1 pm.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com