[MCR] King Creek

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Jan 30 00:34:58 EST 2011

I was climbing in King Creek today with a client, and there was about 30 cm of new snow in the last 24 hours. The snow was continuing all day. There was lots of sluffing happening all day and on the way back in the afternoon one of the gullies avalanched and was big enough to have buried someone. Something to consider when hiking in there thinking that it is an area of lo hazard. We did have avalanche transceivers, shovel and probe and crossed these baths one at a time (quickly).

Marco Delesalle
Mountain Guide
www.greatdividemountaineering.com
www.internationalguidebureau.com