[MCR] Howsons 29 February 11

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Jan 30 00:12:18 EST 2011

We skied Loft Peak today. Cold temperatures and a light easterly wind.
There has been a major avalanche cycle this week, probably from Tuesday
to Thursday with warm weather. The rain crust ends at 1300 m. Above
that, it's avalanche debris on any avalanche terrain and a variety of
facetted snow and wind affected snow elsewhere. The skiing was much
better than expected on sheltered aspects. We are calling the stability
fair/ fair/ good. The glaciers are now well covered with more than 320
cm at 2000 m.

--
Christoph Dietzfelbinger
Mountain Guide Smithers, B.C.