[MCR] Rockies, Ha Ling Peak, NE Face

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Jun 23 18:10:55 EDT 2011

Took a run up the face last night. Although there are still a few
small seeps in the upper half, it's nothing that changes the hazard
or grade, so the route was in good shape. Took advantage of the late
hour to do a bunch of cleaning on the way, but the unusually long
winter definitely did some damage up there and there's still plenty
of early season rockfall hazard to be managed in the upper half.

There is still snow in the saddle and in the front-side bowl, so a
safe short-roping descent that way is still not an option. However,
the backside trail is totally dry and still sticky and soft enough to
be knee friendly.

Carl Johnston
RG, AAG