[MCR] Wapta Conditions

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Jun 26 11:21:03 EDT 2011

Up at the Bow Hut Area from June 21-25 with my colleague Mike Trehearne. Up
to 20cm of recent storm snow was building thin wind slabs just below ridge
crests. There was evidence of some old slab avalanches down to glacier ice
and solar induced point releases however, avalanche activity was minimal in
the period we were there. Travel on the glacier was generally ok with boot
top penetration and minimal post holing. There is still lots of winter snow
cover on the glacier and we had no issues with poking thru into crevasses.
Most ridge features still had large lingering cornices which required a
large berth.

Stay Safe

James Blench

James Blench