[MCR] Rockies, King Creek

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Mar 15 21:36:20 EDT 2011

I guided in King Creek today, March 15. All three ice flows are in
fine shape. We climbed the second pitch of the furthest upstream
route and can recommend it, a fine short piece of technical climbing.

We climbed Magic Touch last Wednesday and it is in good shape with
good ice leading into the mixed climbing. Looked better today with
less snow cover.

The approach trails is doing well, but I'd be wary of all the west
facing slide paths on the first sunny day that we get now that spring
is here. I think that they will all run into the creek on that day. I
was watching the paths on both sides of the creek on the way in and out.

UIAGM/IFMGA Mountain Guide
http://www.barryblanchard.ca
http://www.yamnuska.com
barryb3 at telus.net