[MCR] Rockies, A Bridge Too Far

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Mar 16 21:52:09 EDT 2011

Got scooped today on Snow Line (thanks for writing on your rig), and
assumed that the second vehicle in the lot was off to Moonlight
Falls. We continued on to A Bridge Too Far. A decent trail leading to
the climb. The route is big right now. There are some big cornices on
top of the steep rock wall, way up there (I don't recall seeing these
cornices in my ten plus climbs of this route over the last 25 years),
and some cornices clinging to the tree fence, on climber's left,
above the lower three steps of ice.

A cool breezy day up there with sub zero temperatures until about
15:00 when the air temps climbed to around zero.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com