[MCR] cac needs info

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun May 8 12:20:27 EDT 2011

Just a reminder that the CAC is producing weekly avalanche conditions updates for another couple of weeks. Almost all of our usual sources of information are now shut down and we are working with extremely limited field observations. If you were out over the weekend or are in the mountains over the next few days. we’d love to hear from you about weather conditions (especially new snow/rain, temperatures, and cloud), snowpack (dry/moist/wet/crust on surface, wind transported snow, whumphs/cracking) and avalanche activity (when, how much, aspect/elevation, loose/slab, dry/wet). Any observations from anywhere are welcome--even if you are just driving the highway and see something from the valley bottom. Please send any observations to: forcaster at avalanche.ca

We are operating with skeleton staffing we’re not in the office on a regular basis but you can reach me at my desk: 250-837-2141 extension 227 (leave a message if I’m not there) or on my mobile: 250-814-3756 (I’m on call more or less every day until the May long weekend).

Our next update is scheduled for Thursday May 12. Any data in the next few days would be extremely helpful and very welcome.

Cheers,

Karl Klassen – Mountain Guide
Public Avalanche Warning Service Manager
Canadian Avalanche Centre
250-837-2141 ext 227
mobile: 250-814-3756
kklassen at avalanche.ca