[MCR] Trick or Treat & The Sorcerer; ice climbs; rockies.

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Nov 2 20:50:21 EDT 2011

Climbed Trick or Treat today.

Climb was in good shape, but with somewhat dry and brittle ice.

Approach was also in good shape, with a thin layer of wind-hardened snow stabilizing the scree. We followed faint tracks and animal trails, generally to the climbers left of the creek bed initially, then generally to the climbers right higher up.

As of last Friday, The Sorcerer (Ghost River) was in, but thin and dry. Stubbies were needed and in some sections the ice was less than 10cm thick. We retreated from the base of the steeper climbing (last 2 pitches), which at the time looked unprotectable, or at least very hard to protect.

Approach was dry and we wore sneakers to the base of the route.
---
Josh Briggs
Consulting Geologist / IFMGA Mountain Guide
☎ 403.609.9153
briggsinternational at gmail.com