[MCR] Lake Louise area snowpack

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Nov 2 23:40:21 EDT 2011

Just to keep things in perspective for us Rockies folk, ACMG Honorary Member Chic Scott climbed Mt St Piran in the Lake Louise area on Nov 1 and had this to report:

There was about 10 cm at Lake Louise and about 20 cm at the Little Beehive. In some places on Piran we had to steer clear of deep drifted snow slabs. Some places we were up to our thighs but most of the time it was boot top depth. On top of the turf it was VERY slippery.

So. No powder skiing yet. And I went rock climbing today.

Mark Klassen
IFMGA/ACMG Mountain Guide
Ski trips 2012: www.alpinism.com/skiing