[MCR] Rockies, Coire Dubh Integral

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Apr 1 20:13:14 EDT 2012

My fellow guide, Pat Delaney, and I guided ascents of Coire Dubh Integral today, April 1. The ice on the first pitch is deteriorating and climbed like somewhat detached stiff slush. It may not be long for this season. The rest of the ice was fine. Recent snows have blanketed the scree ledges with snow that feels like spongy whale blubber, but provided good step kicking today. The snow is also holding the rocks in place, no rockfall there today. We climbed the crux rock corner without crampons on dry rock with some wetness weeping from snow patches. We descended the ridgeline to the 1A Highway after traversing Loder Peak.

Overall -good conditions. We made the trip in about seven and a half hours.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com