[MCR] Rockies, Tokkum Pole

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Apr 3 21:55:07 EDT 2012

I guided on the Tokkum Pole today, April 3rd. The route is fine but has become a bit more difficult to start given traffic and the knocking away of some ice features in the first 5 metres. Still good acrobatic and fun climbing with all the hooking that you need. I was spooked about swinging as I didn't want to bring a concrete like block down in my lap.

There was a solid and supportive frozen crust on top of the snow pack when we got there at 10 am and it was still carrying bodyweight in boots at 2 pm when we left.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com