[MCR] Spearhead and Mystery Creek

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Apr 18 00:16:44 EDT 2012

I spent the weekend in the Mystery Creek area and also skied out to Tremor
Mt today. On both trips I found good skiing on N slopes above 2100m. A few
cm of new snow is now on top of a faceting old wind slab. South aspects have
a solid crust and ski crampons are useful. Today I found the the Alpine
Hazard was Moderate. Some thin wind slabs have accumulated in the alpine.
Cornices are big but the colder temperatures kept everything solid.

>From a distance I saw the most interesting looking glide crack near the top

of Decker Mt NE Side. It is just N of the heli ski stakes. At the top of
the Decker heliski run. There is a shrund there most summers. Be careful if
you ski that line!

Dave Sarkany

DSK Guiding

acmg_ski_SKGABC scanned logo- july 2011