[MCR] Observation Pk area today 24/04

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Apr 24 16:08:50 EDT 2012

We're really in true spring conditions in the Bow Valley. +6 in Canmore at
0600 this a.m. Clouds hanging along the Great Divide and raining at Lake
Louise. At 0800 it was +5 at Bow Summit, overcast & raining with a 3cm
crust from the poor freeze. We had rain, snow, sleet all kinds of
visibility (from none to all). Electricity singing off the skiis as we
pulled our skins. Thankfully the skiing was grand on the E facing aspects,
& lasted all the way to the road. Any later start & we would have been
wallowing. We'll see what tomorrow's overcast brings. Raining in Canmore
by 1330.

Greg Yavorsky
UIAGM Mountain Guide