[MCR] Rockies, The Water Hole, Snowline

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Dec 6 20:21:51 EST 2012

On Dec 5th I guided ascents of the Left Water Hole, Right Water Hole and Upper Water Hole. All climbs were in exceptional shape given that they seem to only form every 8? years. The Upper Water Hole may have just been climbed this year by Mark and Geoff. It is about a 45 minute walk following the drainage above The Water Hole Right (some tree/cliff climbing to get above an intermediate rock band en route), 30 metres, WI 4ish. The Water Hole Right is all about a tree trunk size pillar half way up the climb, be delicate, and note that there is a bolt on the right (I missed it when I climbed the route last week).

I guided an ascent of Snowline today, Dec 6th and we had a virgin ice surface. The climb has gained mass over the last week and now takes 10 and 13 cm screws in the first 20 metres.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com