[MCR] Cameron Lake Skiing, Waterton National Park

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Dec 20 17:36:25 EST 2012

Despite extreme winds at Waterton townsite there was excellent skiing
on the first two E facing slidepaths above Cameron Lake today, which
had surprisingly little wind effect.

About 25 cm ski penetration with 50-60 cm of snow now sitting on the
Dec 3 crust and a total snowpack depth of about 140 cm. No cracking or
whoompfing, we were fairly careful but had increasing confidence on
treeline and below treeline features. The alpine is probably a
different story but we had limited obs up there with visibility. About
5 cm new snow today and still falling.

Good tracksetting by the park staff today, although with the winds it
will probably get filled in by tomorrow.

Tom

--
Tom Wolfe
Mountain Guide ACMG/IFMGA