[MCR] Lady Killer ice climb

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Dec 26 21:01:54 EST 2012

I guided ‘Lady Killer’ today in the the Kicking Horse canyon.
We decided to head west from Banff to warmer temperatures and hopes of a little sunshine. We were rewarded with both.
The ice is in good shape – dry, thick, and takes good protection throughout.
We approached the first steep pitch via the WI2 steps in the right hand fork as you hike up the drainage.
The climb is a WI4 and not a WI3 as the guidebook claims.

Other climbs in the canyon have thickened up significantly in the last week, and also look to be in good shape.
We did not witness any avalanche activity.

Lady Killer first pitch

Kristopher Irwin – ACMG Alpine Guide
www.rockies-ice.com
www.facebook.com/Rockiesice