[MCR] Rockies, Bourgeau Right Hand, Rogan's Gully

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Dec 27 22:05:44 EST 2012

I guided an attempt on the Bourgeau Right Hand today, Dec 27th. We broke a trail up to the climb. Several size 1 surface sloughs as you get close to the rock wall. The first pitch is a patina of thin, thin ice. It would be a very serious lead at present, too serious for us so we bailed and headed to Rogan's Gully.

Rogan's has grown to a big blue ice line since my last visit on Nov 29th. The route is in good shape.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com

Bourgeau RH