[MCR] Rockies, Guiness Gully, High Test

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Dec 29 20:50:13 EST 2012

I guided ascents of Guiness Gully and High Test today, Dec 29th. Guiness is big and blue and takes long screws from ground zero. There is a trail broken up to Guiness Stout. To get to High Test take the higher traverse line from Guiness (involves a wee, wee bit of snow scrambling to get to the traverse). Lots of cold and compact ice on both routes today. A shallow snowpack in this area at present: 30-50 cm below treeline, 50-100cm at treeline.

We rappeled High Test and then walked/scrambled and bum slid down the descent gully (one 30 m rap in the steepest part of the descent gully).

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com