[MCR] Accidents in North American Mountaineering

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Dec 29 14:11:43 EST 2012

Just passing this on for the ACC:

Folks,

we are back collecting accident reports for Accidents in North American
Mountaineering.
We have a new Canadian Content Editor, Robert Chisnall from Toronto, the
National Safety Committee has taken over responsibility and we have
reestablished the connection with the American Alpine Club.

Right now we are collecting information about mountaineering accidents for
2012. There is an online form for submission on the ACC website
http://www.alpineclubofcanada.ca/news/ANAM.html

If you know of accidents, especially those which would be instructive for
all of us, please consider submitting them.

I would also appreciate if you could forward this message and the link to
your contacts in the mountain rescue community as widely as possible.

I plan on putting a link on the MRA linkedin page.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas, deep powder, champagne and face shots

Ernst

Ernst Bergmann
Chair, Safety Committee, Alpine Club of Canada
safety at alpineclubofcanada.ca
780-720-1705