[MCR] Bourgeau Left Hand Reminder

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Mon Feb 13 18:04:09 EST 2012

Just a reminder to all of the ice climbers out there:

Parks Canada does NOT do any avalanche control on the slopes above
Bourgeau Left Hand.
When Parks Canada does avalanche control on Mt. Bourgeau, we are
controlling other avalanche paths that affect the Sunshine road and
facilities.
Parks Canada closes the Bourgeau Left Hand ice climb because of the
possibility of a remotely triggered avalanche initiating in the Bourgeau
Left Hand bowl while we are bombing the other avalanche paths.

Hope this clarifies some common misunderstandings.

Stay safe out there!

Parks Canada Visitor Safety Team
Banff, Yoho, Kootenay National Parks
www.parksmountainsafety.ca