[MCR] Beuwolf Ghost, Super Bok Field

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Feb 14 16:50:54 EST 2012

Climbed Beuwolf in the Ghost on Sunday.  The route has healed up well since I climbed it over a month ago.  It continues to form and still has great ice all the way to the top despite that pitch seeing a fair amount of sun.  A dry line could be found on every pitch but the ropes still pay the price by the end of the day with all the constant flow. There is a new rappel station on the first pitch, I'm assuming so that one can rappel with one rope more easily now.  I was surprised though, that an anchor I remember using on the top of the first grade 2/3 pitch after the first pitch was totally covered by ice. Someone has added some tat to a rock pillar on the left but I chose to build a v-thread.
Climbed Super Bok in Field on Monday.  Thanks to a trail that John Freeman put in a week ago, we had fairly easy travel.  The trail crosses the river directly to the route, but I noticed another trail came in from the tracks from Field as well.  The trail had a fair amount of new snow on it, and there is still plenty of snow and cornices on the side walls.  We were in the clouds all day and I was quite happy about that.  There are v-threads on most ice benches and the climbing was dry and seemed usual for the grade.  We saw climbers enjoying Silk Tassel as well.

Sarah Hueniken
ACMG Alpine Guide
www.sarahhueniken.com