[MCR] Bow Summit

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Feb 18 23:13:52 EST 2012

Skied up Cirque Creek between Cirque and Observation today.

120-150 cm of snow with no significant weak layers and no shears in a mostly facetted snowpack. 6 cm of new snow lies atop surface hoar on shaded slopes and surface hoar on a suncrust on south aspects.

As with everywhere else in the Rockies anything windward is pretty much wind-schralped. The skiing is pretty good on lee aspects and sheltered areas but thin and rocky on exposed terrain.

Mark Klassen
ACMG-IFMGA Mountain Guide
alpinism.com

Sent from my mobile device for which I refuse to advertise