[MCR] Kicking horse back country

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Feb 23 09:01:35 EST 2012

I was guiding up in Rudi's bowl yesterday just N of KHMR, 30 to 35cm down is the Valentines Surface hoar layer. This layer is at least 3cm thick and in most area's skied we were penetrating into the layer itself with our skis(was still low density snow above the layer of concern) Things are changing quickly as the wind were strong at times and this layer is sooo weak any exposed area's were already starting to slab up and cracking with skier traffic. Al these observation yesterday were at Tree line. Be careful out there.
Cheers
Todd Craig, MG