[MCR] Weeping Wall

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Jan 1 19:27:12 EST 2012

Guided the Weeping Wall today. -25 at the parking lot at 10am but the sun hit the wall at 10:15 and warmed everything up fast.
Climbed the right hand line for the first pitch and avoided the bolts in the cave because of the brittle hanging daggers above. We would have had an exposed belay if we continued up on the right hand route so we climbed the rest of the route more toward the center.
In general there is a lot of poor quality ice on the weeping wall right now. Much of the wall is covered in crusty snow/ice that needs to be cleaned away to find better ice.
I'm sure with some more traffic and a few sunny days that the ice will improve quickly.
Happy New Year!

Rob Owens
Mtn guide.
Www.onwardup.com