[MCR] Howsons 14 January 12 and wisegoat

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Jan 14 18:34:24 EST 2012

We received 20 cm of low density new snow without wind overnight. In the
alpine, this sits on old windslabs where the winds have been howling.
Otherwise, it is excellent skiing with few signs of instability. The
temperatures are now dropping and the skies are clearing. We were on the
Solitaire Ski Peak today. There is very deep coverage - over 400 cm at
treeline.

In my last post, I did not give the right URL for the public conditions
report. Go to wisegoat.ca, click on lodges, and then select Burnie
Glacier Chalet to find up-to-date avalanche and snowpack information.
Many other lodges are on there too. Hello Tannis!

Christoph Dietzfelbinger, Mountain Guide, Smithers