[MCR] Rockies, The Professor falls.

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Jan 14 19:42:09 EST 2012

I guided an ascent of "The Professor falls." today, Jan 14th. We biked into the trailhead kiosk and it was treacherously icy. If you have studded tires for your bike, take them. Crampons were necessary from the kiosk to the base of the route.

The first three pitches had a lot of water dripping down today, made the rope a challenge. The last pitch was dry. We plowed a walk off trail on climbers left from the top. Overall the route is in great shape.

The light snow of today improved the traction, and biking, on the way out.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com