[MCR] Mt Lougheed Traverse

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Jul 11 22:43:13 EDT 2012

Hello Everyone,

Just got back from the Traverse of Mt Lougheed. We opted for the 2 day option and bivied between peaks 2 & 3 which is a large flat col and at the moment has plenty of flowing water from melting snow. We also were able to get water a few other locations along the way although this option is quickly melting away.

We descended from the the base of the 4th peak into Spencer creek which was fairly straight forward with a couple of 40m steep slabs to negotiate. The ambiance in this valley is truly magical.

A great front country traverse with great views in all directions,

Have fun out there,

Jeff Bullock
Climbing, Skiing, Custom Mountain Adventures
IFMGA/ACMG Certified Mountain Guide
CAA Pro Member
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
www.alpineairadventures.com