[MCR] E ridge of Cavell

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Jul 13 01:37:57 EDT 2012

I went part way up the E ridge of Cavell on July 10. Lots of snow travel starting right from the climbers trail junction. (Cavell meadows trail is still closed due to snow) Good travel up to the col on firm snow. Above the col I was able to avoid most of the snow with just a handful of short sections to link the exposed rock crossing the gully. (The snow was starting to deteriorate by 11am). I turned around at the bench part way up the ridge. The upper half of the ridge still looks snowy especially in the top third. Lots of cornices to negotiate up there.

Matt Reynolds
ACMG / IFMGA Mountain Guide
matt at mountainguiding.ca
mountainguiding.ca