[MCR] Rockies, Schiesser Ledges, Mt Little, Perrin route.

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Mon Jul 16 08:35:05 EDT 2012

I guided an ascent of the NW ridge of Mt Little with an approach via the Schiesser Ledges and descent via the Perrin Route, July 14,15. The Schiesser Ledges have good summer snow at the bottom and another patch at the top. We were able to ascend without crampons in good steps. The rest of the route is dry. Still some cornices hanging over the big gully on climber's right of the route.

NW Ridge of Mt Little was fine and we ascended without crampons but had to cut a half a dozen steps into the only ice that we stepped on.

The Perrin Routs is holding snow at the top and half way down, basically where you step off of the rappels. We met fellow Mountain Guide, Jesse de Montigny, on his way up and he told us that the cable crossing over the creek that drains the Wenkchemna Glacier had two feet of water over the logs so we turned up valley and crossed the creek at the terminal moraine of the Wenkchemna Glacier (where you cross the creek en route to the Schiesser Ledges).

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com