[MCR] Mt Athabasca, AA col, Rockies

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Jun 15 12:58:47 EDT 2012

I just returned from an ascent of Mt Athabasca via the AA Col., June 14th.
Travel was excellent due to a good overnight freeze with excellent snow
coverage on the AA glacier, no open crevasses or sags. The schrund is fully
filled in and bridged where we crossed and the slope to the Col offered up
great boot steps. The weather was overcast and it snowed lightly for most of
the day with the freezing level remaining just higher than the bus transfer
station.

Other routes such as the Skyladder on Andromeda looked to be in great shape
as well.

Have a great weekend,

Jeff Bullock
Climbing, Skiing, Custom Mountain Adventures
IFMGA/ACMG Certified Mountain Guide

CAA Pro Member
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
<http://www.alpineairadventures.com/> www.alpineairadventures.com