[MCR] Yamnuska climbers trail Black bear

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Jun 26 11:13:17 EDT 2012

Was climbing on Yamnuska yesterday.  On the hike in we noticed some smaller bear prints on the trail, which looked fairly fresh.  Unfortunately as we were running away from the thunderstorm in the afternoon, we forgot about what we saw in the morning and ran into a mother black bear and her two cubs, only feet off the trail.  We took a round about way down to the quarry to get back to the car.  I let Kananaskis know, but I think carrying the bear spray on approaches even in the front range is a good idea:)
Sar

Sarah Hueniken
ACMG Alpine Guide
www.sarahhueniken.com